At Verbal+Visual, we craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is seeking a thoughtful and holistically-minded Lead Developer. In this role you will be responsible for building world-class e-commerce experiences using Shopify, Rails, and Vue.js. You’ll need to take work with cross-functional groups to maintain operational and development guidelines and processes, while bringing the experience to life and retaining brand equity.
- Participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance.
- Design, code, and test applications and user interfaces.
- Convert Sketch files into fully functioning e-commerce sites using Shopify Plus.
- Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility with a design point of view in mind.
- Layout content and images following design style guides.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designed, coded, tested, debugged and document those programs.
- Perform project planning, organizing and implementation until the application is commissioned in a production environment.
- Must live within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with relevant applications.
- Proficient in one or more modern JS Frameworks, e.g. React.js, Vue.js, etc.
- Strong Q/A experience and attention to detail.
- Experience connecting back end systems together using API’s
- Experience working with social networking API’s such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work under pressure, solve problems and deliver on required timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with design best practices across all work delivered.
- An excellent attitude and a strong passion for your career!
Compensation and Benefits:
This career is a full-time position. Full benefits are included.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying