At Verbal+Visual, we craft considered e-commerce experiences for thoughtful brands. Brands that put people and product over profit and pollution. Brands that boldly tell their story, build community, and empower artisans. Brands that believe in the power of the collective. Together, we make commerce that matters.
Verbal+Visual is looking for a rising technology star with significant e-commerce experience—preferably with Shopify Plus—to lead our development department. This person will be a critical part of Verbal+Visual’s leadership team. He/she will lead our talented group of developers to create and maintain industry-leading websites.
- Leading all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, strategic planning, design/architecture, execution, deployment, and maintenance.
- Designing, implementing, and testing applications and user interfaces.
- Leading the development team in converting Sketch design files into fully functioning e-commerce for Shopify Plus.
- Preparing detailed documentation for application design, development, testing, debugging, etc.
- Presenting complex, technical concepts to non-technical groups
- Working from our beautiful new digs in Union Square with a small, powerful, and skilled team of strategists, designers, & developers.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack e-commerce web development—preferably with a digital agency, preferably primarily with Shopify
- 2+ years experience leading technical teams, attracting/retaining staff, developing professional talent, and motivating people to excel.
- Have a strong, foundational understanding of web development workflows and web-related DevOps concepts including continuous integration, version control, test-driven development, and quality assurance processes.
- Experience with platform migration projects, specifically Magento/WooCommerce/Demandware to Shopify Plus
- Experience delivering highly-customized, full-stack solutions on Shopify Plus
- Proficient in modern JS syntax and frameworks e.g. Vue.js, React, etc
- Production experience with one or more server-side language/web application framework, preferably Ruby on Rails
- Experience integrating various back office systems (ERPs, OLMs, etc) with front-end e-commerce solutions via SOAP, REST, and GraphQL APIs
- Proven track record of flexible adaptation to changing priorities within a dynamic environment, the ability to work under pressure, solve problems, and deliver on required timelines.
- A high bar for yourself, your teammates, and your work.
- Strong karaoke skills and halloween costume game.
Compensation and Benefits:
This career is a full-time position. Full benefits are included.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying